Banana & Coconut Bread
Banana bread has always been a favourite of mine. Therefore I was determined to make a low sugar, grain free version that I could have without the sugar crash that comes about with the real deal. This is seriously good!! The best thing about it is that it doesn't contain any strange expensive ingredients so you more then likely have all the ingredients in your pantry already! Give it a go... like yesterday.
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 6 whole eggs
- 1tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2T sweetener (honey, maple, rice malt syrup- whatever tickles your fancy (I used stevia)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup berries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2.Add everything except the blueberries to a blender or food processer and combine until mixed.
3. Stir through the berries.
4. Taste the batter- you may need to add more sweetener to taste.
5. Bake at pre heated temperature for 30 minutes then reduce temp to 150 degrees and bake for a further 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan.