For those of you who love orange chocolate or more specifically jaffas this is the slice for you! The base is a chocolatey crust while the filling is a rich chocolate and orange cream- heaven! Unlike most slices, this one is free from dairy, refined sugars or flours so perfect for those with intolerances or just a little bit health consious. There certainly however is no lack of rich chocolatey flavour and the orange cuts through the creaminess perfectly!
Give it a go or bookmark the recipe to make for a special occasion. With christmas coming up your bound to have lots of those! As always I'd love to see your creations on instagram just remember to tag @emilysformula #emilysformula so I can see!
1 c almonds
1 c desiccated coconut
1/2 c cacao powder
1 c dates (soaked for 2 hours, drained)
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/2 c walnuts
2 c raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours, rinsed and drained)
1 1/2 cups orange segments (approx. 2 small oranges) plus the zest of one orange.
1/2 c cacao powder
2 scoops Nuzest Chocolate Clean Lean Protein (if you don't have any you can substitute for extra cacao powder).
50g dark chocolate (at least 85%)
Orange zest to garnish
- Base: Blend all base ingredients except walnuts until sticky. You may need to add 2T hot water if the mixture is not sticky enough.
- Add walnuts and pulse on low until the mixture is combined but still retains some small chunks.
- Press firmly into a tray lined with baking paper then place in fridge to set.
- Filling: Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until super creamy and smooth. Pour over the chocolate base, smooth down until flat, then place in freezer to set for approximately 3 hours.
- Topping: Melt the dark chocolate, leave to cool slightly, then drizzle over the slice. Top with orange zest, and place back in fridge for the chocolate to firm before serving.