Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
- 2T butter
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 onion- finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and diced
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup almonds- chopped
- 1T curry powder
- 2tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 can of organic chickpeas (optional)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To rice the cauliflower, chop it into small florets and pulse in the food processor until it resembles rice -don't overdo it! You could also use a greater to do this or run a knife through chopped florets about...18.5 million times (don't do that).
- Heat a medium pan with butter over high heat. Once it’s hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened. Add the spices and cauliflower and combine.
- After a few more minutes add the capsicum, cherry tomatoes and almonds and continue to cook for a short time. The trick is to not overcook the cauliflower so it maintains a rice consistency.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with parsley, plus additional salt and pepper, to taste, lemon juice and chickpeas (if using).
You can keep it vegetarian or if you would prefer it is delicious served with chicken or lamb.