I know I say this a lot.. but these muffins really are as good as the real thing!! So moist and delicious you honestly will not miss all the refined sugar and flour muffins are usually full of. Bear in mind they are quite sweet so definitely a treat!
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3T sweetener of choice (optional)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2tsp organic real vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened yoghurt (coconut yoghurt or milk if dairy free)
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
In a blender combine honey & coconut oil for a few minutes until well combined. Add vanilla and eggs & blend until creamy. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add egg mixture and beat to combine. Slowly incorporate the yoghurt with a wooden spoon until just combined. Add mashed bananas.
Divide the batter between the paper cases. You can add banana slices on top of each muffin to garnish if you wish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.