Crispy Chocolate Popcorn Slice
I have recently reignited my love for popcorn, either just by itself or drizzled with 90% dark chocolate. SO. SO. GOOD. Because of this, I wanted to make a popcorn chocolate slice that brought back memories of the Kellogs LCM bar. Don't mean to toot my own horn but I'm gonna come right out and say I think these are better. If you love popcorn (or actually even if you don't) you are going to love this salty sweet perfection!
- 2 cups popcorn (pop yourself or use a dairy free organic brand like Serious Popcorn)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 3T honey
- 2T melted coconut oil
- 150g of at least 85% dark chocolate.
- 1/3 cup coconut cream.
- Line a roughly 20cm pan, with baking paper.
- In a sauce pan melt nut butter, honey and coconut oil. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine popcorn, almonds and coconut.
- Pour the nut butter mixture into the large bowl and stir to combine, breaking up the popcorn slightly as you go. Press mixture into the pan. Use a separate piece of baking paper to help pressure the mixture down so it is super flat.
- Warm the coconut cream in a small sauce pan until it has almost reached a simmer. Do not let it boil!! Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until it has melted. Pour over the mixture. Freeze for about 20 minutes to set.
- Once set cut into 12 bars.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.